Wolf Lake Airport [4AK6]

Wolf Lake Airport Property Owners' Discussion Forum

You are not logged in.

#1 09-13-2017 19:26:38

lw789

ur name next to the L. As a reli

TORONTO - For over a month Nando De Colo was Torontos forgotten man, an afterthought at the bottom of a playoff-bound roster, a masked phantom lurking on the end of the Raptors bench. Who was he and why was he brought here? As the visitors locker room cleared out after Saturdays win in Milwaukee, a reporter approached De Colo, who was suddenly making an impact in an expanded role for his new, undermanned club. Curious about the origins of his first name, which isnt a traditional French moniker, said reporter asked the Raptors guard where it came from. "It came from my parents," he replied, straight-faced, flaunting a quick wit we didnt know he had. Up until last week we didnt know much about him at all. The acquisition of De Colo, trickling in minutes after the trade deadline passed, went under the radar. A player from the end of one bench exchanged for a player on the end of another. Masai Ujiri opted to hold onto Kyle Lowry and keep the band together, that was the headline. Austin Daye for De Colo was a footnote. Now, six weeks later, the move is owed some belated acknowledgement. Ujiri was familiar with De Colo having seen him play overseas and with the Spurs. He knew what he was getting. Dwane Casey was less acquainted with the second-year combo guard but was equally as intrigued by his intangibles and has been looking for a way to find him more playing time. With Lowry resting a sore knee, Casey has been provided that opportunity and De Colo, to his credit, is taking advantage of it. "Its what I was expecting and what we needed and wanted, as far as another ball handler," Casey told TSN.ca. "That was the main thing we saw. We needed another guy that can handle the ball, to create, to be a passer, a facilitator, a transporter of the ball, to get it across the court. "Hes done that." In extended minutes, backing up and playing alongside temporary starter Greivis Vasquez, De Colo has been a sparkplug coming in off the bench to begin the month of April. Over the last two games hes tallied 11 assists to just three turnovers in 42 minutes of action. After easing into his new surroundings, De Colo no longer appears reluctant to let it fly. Hes shooting and scoring with confidence, something he lacked upon arriving in Toronto, playing sporadically last month. "Hes still learning our system," said Casey, "still getting comfortable and the more he gets comfortable the more hes going to knock down shots. I think were seeing that now." The easy explanation for his confidence boost is the increased playing time that has come as a result of Lowrys injury. "Im finding a rhythm," said De Colo, who has attempted 16 shots over the last three games, the same number he hoisted in his first 14 contests with the Raptors. "Im in shape after adjusting to find a rhythm of the game with a new team. Now I just try to play my game, try to be aggressive like everybody wants on the team and since then Ive been good." Since arriving from the Spurs, De Colo has been touted for his basketball intellect and decision-making ability. Teammates and coaches have cited his time playing for the venerable Gregg Popovich with a world-class organization in San Antonio, as well as his experience overseas - where he competed professionally from the age of 19 - and with the French national team. In a year and a half with the Spurs he was sent back and forth from the NBA Development League an astonishing total of nine times, a product of the close proximity between San Antonio and its D-League affiliate in Austin. More so than the path hes traveled to get here, De Colo credits his approach. "I think its something Ive always had in my game," he said. "I try to see what happens and make good decisions. I know I can pass the ball. I must be aggressive on this kind of team and I have to take the open shot." Casey has entrusted De Colo to run his offence, immediately vaulting him over the young Julyan Stone and Dwight Buycks in Torontos backcourt rotation. When Lowry makes his return - hes expected to be cleared this week - the Raptors head coach has a decision to make. Can he afford to juggle minutes for three point guards going into the playoffs or does De Colo go back to the end of the bench? Although Casey has been most impressed with him as the primary ball handler, its conceivable that the Raptors could feature more two point guard lineups in the postseason, when the defence is likely to apply more pressure on Lowry. Of equal importance, the Raptors need to find out what they have in De Colo, a free agent at the end of the season. If Lowry is retained this summer and Vasquez - a restricted free agent - proves too expensive, De Colo may make more sense as an affordable backup, assuming he continues to impress. All of a sudden, De Colo has become more than late-season bench fodder. The Raptors under-the-radar deadline acquisition has helped keep them afloat in the absence of their most important player and could continue paying out come playoff time, and beyond. Nando is a name worth remembering. Nike Cortez Australia .com) - The Hatch Attack is back in the Southern Conference. Nike Shox Current . "I wouldnt read anything into what happened Saturday at Torrey Pines," Woods said Tuesday after an 18-hole exhibition for past winners of the Dubai Desert Classic. http://www.pizazzms.com/clearance-men-s … hoes.html. The Los Angeles Clippers showed them just how ugly that life could be. Jared Dudley scored a season-high 21 points, Chris Paul added 16 points and 17 assists, and the Clippers jumped all over the Bulls in Roses absence for a 121-82 victory Sunday. Nike Shox TLX .ca! Hi Kerry, Im sure youve received many emails wondering what your take is on the Spezza goal that looked like Neil blatantly kicked it in while standing directly in the middle of the crease where, you know, usually a goalie is to make a save but couldnt be due to Neil being there! Thanks! Jon - Westfield, MA Jon:  Lets first ask Henrik Lundqvist what he thought of the scoring of the Sens second goal with . Fenty Puma Slides Australia . On Friday night, after a long rain delay, he was scratched from his scheduled start.LOS ANGELES -- The Pittsburgh Pirates had a long plane ride to digest their dreadful series at the New York Mets, and the exploits of batterymates Gerrit Cole and Russell Martin made for a pleasant series opener against the Los Angeles Dodgers. Martin and Pedro Alvarez homered, Josh Harrisons second RBI single triggered a three-run seventh inning, and the Pirates beat Los Angeles 6-3 on Thursday night for only their third victory in their last 20 games at Dodger Stadium. "I think its just staying in the moment and not carrying any excess baggage," manager Clint Hurdle said. "It was a 5-hour, 40 minute flight, and were here in L.A. So Its time to get something done. Cole gave us the big start with his energy. He had a great pace and rhythm tonight, and the best speed variance hes had in quite some time. His fastball, changeup and curveball played extremely well for him, and everybody fed off of it." Cole (5-3) allowed three runs and six hits over 6 1-3 innings in his first career appearance at Chavez Ravine. The former UCLA right-hander helped set up two runs with sacrifice bunts in the opener of a four-game series against the defending NL West champions. "The key was making quality pitches early," Cole said. "Some at-bats they were patient and some they were really aggressive. But we just stuck with our approach and just made quality pitches. I thought we played Pirates baseball to a T. We passed the baton at the plate, swarmed them on defence, threw a lot of strikes and took some punches." Cole was lifted after walking pinch-hitter Chone Figgins with his 88th pitch, but Tony Watson retired speedster Dee Gordon on a double-play grounder with his first delivery. "Cole was outstanding. He was very aggressive, had all his pitches working," Martin said. "The pitch that really helped him was the changeup. He even threw them righty-on-righty. So to have a pitch that has the same spin as a fastball, I think, made the hitters uncomfortable. Hes got that mentality to just go out there and compete and execute pitches." Mark Melancon worked a perfect eighth and Jason Grilli got three outs for his sixth save. Grilli officially got his closer role back on Thursday, seven days after coming off the disabled list and six days after getting a save in his first game back. Melancon converted 10 of 12 save opportunities while Grilli was sidelined 4 1-2 weeks with a left oblique strain. Starling Marte drew a leadoff walk in the seventh from Brandon League (1-2) and appeared to have stolen second -- at least to umpire Eric Cooper, who called him safe. Dodgers manager Don Mattingly challenged the ruling, which was overturned by a video review. But Clint Barmes followed with his thiird straight single, advanced on Coles bunt and scored on Harrisons single up the middle.ddddddddddddHarrison continued to second on the throw to the plate and came home on Neil Walkers single. Former Pirates starter Paul Maholm replaced League and gave up an RBI double to pinch-hitter Gabby Sanchez on his second pitch. The three runs charged to League ended a stretch of 16 appearances and 22 innings in which the right-hander did not allow an earned run. "I know its been a while since anything like this has happened," League said. "Its not discouraging. It just stinks having your name next to the L. As a reliever, you go day to day and youre taught to forget quickly. Its nice to know your manager keeps running you out there regardless of the results, but in the end, youve still got to get the job done." Dodgers starter Don Haren allowed three runs and eight hits in six innings with two strikeouts and no walks. Martin, who spent his first five big league seasons with the Dodgers and left as a free agent after the 2010 campaign to sign with the Yankees, hit his third homer of the season halfway up the left field pavilion with two outs in the sixth to give the Pirates a 3-2 lead. It also ended a string of nine consecutive games at Dodger Stadium in which Pittsburgh scored no more than two runs. Yasiel Puig, who reached base safely for the 30th consecutive game, led off the bottom of the sixth with his second double of the game and scored on a single by Hanley Ramirez. Andre Ethier lined an 0-1 pitch inside first base with one out in the first for his second triple in seven at-bats, after getting only four in his previous 2,180 at-bats since the start of the 2010 season. Puig drove him in with a bloop double to right field. Alvarez tied it in the second with a two-out drive to right field for his 10th homer, tying Walker for the team lead. Gordon regained the lead for the Dodgers in the bottom half with a two-out RBI single, but Harrison got the Pirates even again in the fifth with a two-out RBI single. NOTES: LHP Chad Billingsley, who hasnt pitched for the Dodgers since April 15, 2013, and is recovering from Tommy John surgery, threw 30 pitches in a two-inning simulated game. ... In his four starts with Tim Federowicz behind the plate, Haren has a 3.04 ERA and has given up 28 hits in 23 2-3 innings. ... Mattingly said that it would be "overly hopeful" to expect 3B Juan Uribe (right hamstring strain) to be reinstated from the 15-day DL when he is eligible to come off on June 5. ... Gordon stole second and third in the second inning, increasing his major league-leading total to 32. ... Coles only other outing against the Dodgers was June 16, 2013, when he won a 6-3 decision over Zack Greinke. Cheap NFL Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys Wholesale NFL Jerseys Jerseys From China Wholesale NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys Cheap Jerseys ' ' '

Board footer